How it works
The Nubax® Trio works on one principle and one principle alone- leverage. By suspending the user’s body over a common pivot point, whilst being held symmetrically at either end of the back, a stretch is created as gravity gradually forces the waist and the shoulders apart.
Some points to note:
- It is important to find a comfortable position and to relax once in the Nubax® Trio. The device operates by utilizing the lever principle and the users own bodyweight.
- Breathing in and out slowly will allow your back muscles to relax which will provide a more effective traction force
- You will gain the most benefit from using the Nubax® Trio for 2-3 minutes, 2-3 times a day, although the device can be used safely more frequently if you wish.
- Don’t be alarmed if you feel some minor discomfort during initial use. However, if you feel any pain during or after use, stop using the device immediately and contact Nubax®.
- You can safely extricate yourself from the device at any time. This is done by placing one hand on the floor to support your bodyweight, shuffling your knees forward one knee at a time. This will alter your centre of gravity and allow you to easily extricate yourself from the unit.
Adjusting the Nubax® Trio to suit your body size
To adjust the Nubax® Trio to suit the length of your back, simply remove the locking key from its current eyelet and increase or decrease the length of the padded strap. Remember that a longer waist belt setting is generally required for a shorter person, while a taller person would normally require a short waist belt setting. Literally.
The adjustable shoulder pads can be set to four different settings, to accommodate a wide range of shapes and sizes. Select a setting that is snug, but comfortable for you.
Nubax® Trio has three easy steps for use
Step one - Kneel between the padded sections of the padded, well forward of the bar and pull the device toward you until the waist belt prevents any further movement in that direction.
Step two- Now that the waist belt is resting comfortably against your pelvis, lift the handles (one in each hand) toward you and lean into the device so that your chest is up against the chest pad.
Step three- With your waist comfortably restrained, your shoulders fit snugly around the shoulder pads and your hands on the handles; allow your body to lean slowly into the stretch position. Please note that it may take some time to find the position that gives you the optimum amount of traction. Adjusting the length of the waist belt and the positioning of your knees may help you find a comfortable position.